Sidney-by-the-Sea is normally a busy place but over these next 2 weeks it will really be hopping with arts activities organised by the Community Arts Council of the Saanich Peninsula (CACSP).
- ArtSea Festival – Many Sidney shops are hosting 55 artists and their work. Here to see more details.
- Sidney Fine Arts Show – It is open and on for only 3 more days, until Sunday. Here to see more details.
- ArtSea Gala: Arts in the Schools Fundraiser – A night of music to raise money for art programs in local schools. Here for more details.
- Artisans Christmas Gift Gallery – a show and sale of 53 local artisans’ work, in the Tulista Park Gallery. Here for more details.
- Fall Artists Studio Tour – Artists working in the Saanich Peninsula open up their studios to the public. This year 65 artists are involved. Here for more details.
While in Sidney, also check out what is going on in the 2 museums. Both are the places to go if you are interested in Sidney’s past.
The Sidney Museum and Archives currently has a fibre arts exhibition that is well worth a visit. The Deep Cove Spinners and Weavers have an intriguing exhibition called ‘Alphabet Soup‘. Here for more details.
There is more going on in Sidney, waiting for you to discover – like the Sculpture Trail along the sea walk.
On behalf of the CACSP, I encourage you to visit Sidney to take part and enjoy these events.