I decided to go with low intensity colours.
Next step is sampling. I sample only enough to see if is giving the effect I want.
I really want to use the luscious piece of patterned silk but it is not working.
So I got out fabric paints to darken the value and to make the pattern less dominant.
This is the simple ground I decided to work on.
I sewed loose, wavy lines over the whole ground.
Then I added fabric strips starting in the top quarter of the ground.
A large open zig zag over each fabric strip gave the dynamic feeling I wanted.
I snapped this image in my studio. It is not a good photo but I think it shows the strong upward movement I was working for.